About Me

My Photo
I am a male yellow Lab. My birth date is September 4th 2011. I am in training to be a guide dog for the blind. (guide dog school -Southeastern Guide Dogs) I'm my raiser's fifth guide dog puppy. She will keep me for (about) 1 year, then I will head off to harness training! Please feel free to follow my blog and keep up with: Brandon's Life... As a guide dog in training

My Furry Friends! (Feel free to join the pack!)

Friday, September 28, 2012

Harness Every Moment

Time sure is flying by quickly... I head back IFT (In For Training) in 2 weeks!
My raiser introduced me to the guide dog harness a few weeks ago, and I feel like such a grown up while wearing it :) 
I can't believe that I'll be leaving soon, I'm really going to miss you guys!
My raiser's Fall classes started in mid-August, and boy have I been enjoying attending those with her.
She has quite a busy class schedule, and it helps to keep my life interesting.
I feel like I've been such a slacker when it comes to posting... and I've realized how many exciting things have gone on in my life that I never had a chance to post about.
I think I'm going to "assign" my raiser to dig up all the random pictures taken of me over the last year... and post them once I'm gone; keeping you guys occupied with lots of "never before seen" pictures of me :)

My raiser has started to fill out the "Final Evaluation" (which will be turned in when I head back IFT), and she's starting to realize all the "little things" she still needs to work on with me... I guess I'm going to have a very busy 2 weeks!
Enjoy the pictures below of the puppy meeting last week,

-Brandon

Picture of  Brandon in harness at puppy class doing a "forward walk"

Picture of Brandon in a down-stay beside me

Picture of Brandon in a sit-stay in front of me

Picture of Brandon in a stand-stay 

Picture of Brandon in another stand-stay going up against the other dogs for the "Puppy Olympic" gold medal...

Picture of myself blindfolded and trying to take Brandon's harness off (then count to  10 - and put it back on)

Picture of  me still blindfolded, and now succeeding at putting the harness back on

Success! Picture of Brandon in a stand-stay beside me and his harness is on correctly! 

7 comments:

Two French Bulldogs said...

You look like a pro sweetie
Benny & Lily

Oskar said...

I know that you are going to be a fantastic job!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Sam said...

We will miss you, Brandon! Your puppy raiser did an awesome job with you!

Sam

Milliscent Morgan said...

I love this blog for giving such a great information like the post of dog trainers Manchester.

Animal6786 said...

I found your blog when I was looking for a different sort of information but I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great. . I know something information, to know you can click here
sunshine coast Pet Grooming
sunshine coast Boarding Kennels

petresort322 said...

Nice information! I am intimidated by the excellence of information. There are a lot of high-quality funds here. I am sure I will visit this site again soon.
I know something information,to know you can click here
pet resort sunshine coast
kennels sunshine coast

rakhi khatun said...

I bought a pup with Giarda, severe skin allergies to this day, a bad under bite and he has issues too. he is a good little guy and smart but very expensive to take care of. I would never go to this grooming/pet store again. Every day there seems to be a different problem with him and this is going on 7 yrs.I
love conquers all the problems though. Looking for large dog breeds for families Wondering what large dog breeds are good with kids or would be good for apartments Find out here A complete list of large dog breeds